Saturday, September 29, 2007

The proliferation of chatter

Anyone reading this is most likely a fellow student in an educational online class I am taking. I have learned that as I carefully craft each sentence, another blog is being created somewhere. So, I have an idea for the next device that will make you a billionaire.

Some creative programmer type locked in his room should invent a piece of software that will be able to automatically index and categorize all the stuff that is being written in this "exciting" and "cutting edge" new medium. and systematically d-e-l-e-t-e 100% of the mindless chatter. Then, submit your idea to Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, or one of the others so they can make searching on the Internet relevant again.

"Why that is censorship!" you say. Perhaps I would agree, but something will eventually have to be done to cull the amount of information being added every second. I do not even have time to read all the blogging that will be done by my fellow students in this online class. Imagine if I were going to add a room full of students to the mix.

The lambs are screaming Clarice,

L

3 comments:

Mr. Jay said...

What a great blog !!!!

Shelly said...

Dr. L--What a wonderful way of saying you want nothing to do with this medium of technology. What will the instructor throw at us next?
DD

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I think we are little behind on that wonderful creation. It is called "log off", "shut down" and/or "pull the plug." It is unfortunate that we have to search through the hay to find the needle...